Saturday 30 January 2016

Tu Chahiye - Ost Bajrangi Bhaijaan

Movie: Bajrangi Bhaijaan [Meaning] 
Music: Pritam Lyrics: Amitabh Bhattacharya 
Singer: Atif Aslam Music Label: T-Series 

This one from Bajrangi Bhaijaan is a beautiful composition by Pritam, 
who takes the best out of Atif often, and this one is no exception. 
The lyrics by Amitabh Bhattacharya are nice too, 
especially the last four lines are touching. 

haal-e-dil ko sukoon chaahiye 
poori ik aarzoo chaahiye 
jaise pehle kabhi, 
kuchh bhi chaaha nahi 
waise hi kyun chahiye 

the situation of the heart needs peace, 
every wish needs to be fulfilled, 
the way earlier there was no need to wish for anything, 
why do I want it the same again? 

dil ko teri maujoodgi ka ehsaas yoon chahiye 
tu chahiye, tu chahiye 
shaam-o-subah tu chahiye tu chaahiye.. tu chaahiye.. 
har martabaa tu chaahiye 

the heart wants the feeling of your being there in such a way, 
that it wants you, wants you day and night.. 
(lit. morning and evening) you are wanted, you are wanted, every time, you are wanted.. 

jitni dafaa.. zid ho meri 
utni dafaa.. haan tu chahiye 

as many times as I insist, I want you, yes, you.. 

koi aur dooja kyun mujhe 
na tere siva chahiye 
har safar mein mujhe
tu hi rehnuma chaahiye jeene ko bas mujhe
tu hi meherbaan chaahiye 

why don’t I want anyone else other than you,
in every journey I want you as a guide.. to live, 
I just need you to be kind to me.. 

ho O o O, 
seene mein agar tu dard hai 
na koi dawaa chahiye tu lahu ki tarah 
ragon mein ravaan chahiye 
anjaam jo chaahe mera wo.. aaghaaz yoon chahiye 

if you are an ache in my heart, I don’t need a medicine, 
you, like the blood, are needed, flowing in my blood.. 
whatever be my end, this is how I want my beginning.. 

tu chahiye, tu chahiye shaam-o-subah tu chahiye 
tu chahiye.. tu chahiye.. har martabaa tu chahiye 

jitni dafaa.. zid ho meri 
utni dafaa.. haan, tu chahiye mere zakhmon ko teri chhuan chahiye 
mere shamma ko teri agan chahiye 
mere khwaab ke aashiyane mein tu chahiye 
main kholun jo aankhein sirhaane bhi tu chahiye 

my wounds need your touch, my candle needs your fire, 
the house of my dreams needs you, even when I open my eyes (every morning) 
I want you facing me.. [sirhaana = the head of your bed, where you keep you pillow.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment